Student Visa Requirements
International students may obtain an educational visa through CRICS if needed. For those who get an educational visa through CRICS there is a Student Visa Assistance fee of 1000 baht per student per school year. Parents of those on a Student Visa can request paperwork to apply for a Guardian Visa; the fee for this paperwork is 1000 baht per parent per school year. If you would like to apply for an educational visa, please complete the following steps:
For Students who are currently in the US:
1. Complete the form below or go to our Admissions Downloads page and download the After you’ve been accepted form. Complete and send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. CRICS will then send you an endorsement letter.
2. Obtain and complete a visa application form from your local Thai consulate (this form can also be found on most Thai consulate websites as well as visa costs).
3. Send the completed form, your passport, and the CRICS endorsement letter to the consulate. The consulate will process the request and return your passport with the new visa to you.
4. You are now ready to enter Thailand. Upon your arrival, you will receive a 90-day-stamp. Close to 90 days, the CRICS staff will take you to the Chiang Rai Immigration Department where you will receive a 1-year stamp.
For Students who are not from the US:
2. Request an appointment with Nuu (Visa Administrator at CRICS) at email@example.com. In your email please tell her which Thai Consulate you will be using.
3. Come to your appointment with Nuu. Please bring all passports.
4. Nuu will prepare the supporting documents for you and let you know when they are ready to be picked up from CRICS.
5. Apply for your visa at a Thai Consulate. Upon your arrival, you will receive a 90-day-stamp. Close to 90 days, the CRICS staff will take you to the Chiang Rai Immigration Department where you will receive a 1-year stamp.
If you have any questions concerning visas, please contact the CRICS visa administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org.