All CRICS elementary students are invited to participate in the Summer Book Club!
For each day of summer that kindergarteners and first graders read or have someone read to them for 30 minutes, the student earns 2 book club points. For each day 2nd-3rd graders read 30 minutes or more, the student earns 2 book club points. For each day 4th-6th graders read 45 minutes or more of teacher approved books, the student earns 2 book club points.
On the first day of school you may bring your book club papers to your homeroom teacher with the total number of book club points earned along with your list of books read. Each book club point earns you 1 baht at the CRICS Snack Bar. Your homeroom teacher will allow you to redeem your book club points for a snack card to use at the Snack Bar.
Please click to download the June, July, August 2015 calendar and the Elementary book record and print it. Please mark each day you read on your calendar, and then bring the calendar with you to school on the first day of classes in September. There is also a page to record the books that you’re reading.
Summer Reading List for Grades K – 6
This is a suggested reading list based on the books available in our school library. Students are welcome to read any parent-approved book in English from libraries around the world!
Parents or another adult, please read aloud 30 minutes a day, in English, to your child.
Spend 30 minutes reading aloud to a parent or ask a parent or another person to read to you for 30 minutes each day. Any books from the ER picture book section are recommended. Please select books for beginning readers to read aloud a parent. (Books are labeled “Y” on the book shelves or in the “I can read” section).
Read 30 minutes or more each day.
- Amelia Bedelia series by Parish ER PAR
- Cam Jansen series by Adler JF ADL
- Junie B. Jones series by Park JF PAR
- Nate the Great series by Sharmat ER SHA
- Horrible Harry series by Kline JF KLI
- Books by Kasza ER KAS
- Caldecott Honor Award books (These books are located on the shelf labeled AWARD BOOKS and have a gold or silver seal on the front of the book.)
Read 30 minutes or more each day.
- Great Illustrated Classics series by various authors (These books have white covers with the titles printed in red letters. They are located in the JF section.)
- American Girl series by Tripp JF TRI
- Pony Pal series by Betancourt JF BET
- Animal Ark series by Baglio JF BAG
- Encyclopedia Brown series by Sobol JF SOB
- Boxcar Children series by Warner JF WAR
- Winnie the Pooh series by Milne JF MIL
- Pippi Longstocking series by Lingren JF LIN
- Babysitters’ Club series by Martin JF MAR
- Magic School Bus Chapter books J 500s section
- Never Give Up series, Andrews J 920.1 AND
Read 45 minutes or more each day.
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Rawls YA RAW
- Big Red by Kjelgaard JF KJE
- Black Stallion by Farley JF FAR
- Black Beauty by Sewell JF SEW
- Caddie Woodlawn by Brink JF BRI
- The Treasures of the Snow by St. John YA STJ
- Railway Children by Nesbit JF NES
- Everest series by Korman YA KOR
- Indian in the Cupboard series by Banks JF BAN
- Elsie Dinsmore series by Finley YA FIN
- A Wrinkle in Time and other books written by L’Engle JF LEN
- Ginger Pye and other books by Estes JF EST
- Music of the Dolphins and other books by Hesse JF HES, YA HES
- Chronicle of Narnia series by Lewis JF LEW
- Trailblazer series by Dave and Neta Jackson JF JAC
- Great Brain series by Fitzgerald JF FIT
- Little House on the Prairie series by Wilder JF WIL
- Hardy Boys series by Dixon JF DIX
- Nancy Drew series by Keene JF KEE
- Artemis Fowl series by Colfer YA COLDear America series by various authors YA
- Read books by the following authors:
- Kate DiCamillo, Enid Blyton, E. B. White, Betsy Byars, Lloyd Alexander, Beverly Cleary, Marguerite
- Henry, Andrew Clements, Avi, Bryan Davis, George MacDonald
- Also read a variety of biographies, and any Newbery Honor Award books