Do I need to have a teaching credential to teach at CRICS?
All teachers must have a Bachelor's Degree and be able to provide certified English copies of their diploma and transcripts in order to obtain permission to teach. Those with an Education degree or teaching license from your home country will be able to apply for a standard Thai Teacher's License (renewed every 5 years with proof of professional development). Those without a teaching license may apply for temporary permission to teach (2 years) and will need to complete required training modules required by the Thai Ministry of Education in order to renew beyond the initial 2 years. More details will be provided during the application process.

Does CRICS provide a salary, housing, airfare allowance or professional development to teachers?
CRICS does not pay salaries or provide any financial compensation to foreign staff. Our purpose is to provide quality, low cost education to the children of Christian workers in Southeast Asia. To keep our tuition costs as low as possible, our foreign teachers and other foreign staff come as volunteers through sending agencies and raise 100% of their own financial support. Full and part-time teachers are offered reimbursement for some airfare and professional development opportunities; please contact [email protected] for more information.

What is the non-discrimination policy of CRICS?
CRICS maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with staff, student, and family members. No aspect of study, community involvement, or employment with us will be influenced in any manner by sex, race, age, or disability. CRICS carefully reserves its right to select teaching faculty who will affirm the school's Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Statement and who will effectively advance the school's mission.

How do I find a Sending Organization?
We recommend that you research organizations and select one with whose vision and mission you agree, and whose requirements you can meet. You may want to discuss this with your pastor or ask the recruiter for sending organization recommendations. To find out more, click here: Sending Organizations.

Will CRICS help me find housing?
CRICS can help you find suitable housing. Your sending organization may also be involved in your search. Let us know if you would like our help, and what size and price range you have in mind.

Will I need a visa?
Yes. Chiang Rai International Christian School will provide you with the information you will need to obtain a visa to live and work in Thailand. For more information, click here: Visa Requirements.

When are the school breaks and other important school dates?
We follow a typical American school calendar. Our school year begins in mid-August and finishes at the end of May. Please see our school calendar for more detailed information and please make note of our teacher orientation schedule.

What about medical insurance?
CRICS provides a very basic accident coverage to our full-time teachers and students while in Thailand (some restrictions apply). However, this does not cover health care, illness, or major accidents. Most sending organizations require their members and families to have medical insurance, and we encourage this practice. It is ultimately the responsibility of the teacher to consider and prepare for their health and insurance needs.

Are there tuition discounts for children of teachers?
Tuition is significantly reduced for the children of teachers. Please contact [email protected] for more details.

How should I dress to work at CRICS?
CRICS staff should dress modestly and professionally, adhering to a business casual dress code.

I'm retired. Can I serve at CRICS?
Individuals over 70 years old will not be placed as lead teachers in a classroom, however, they may be considered for other roles. The educational leadership team will evaluate and decide on continued postings on an annual basis.

Frequently Asked Medical Questions
See this document for answers to frequently asked medical questions.

If you have a question that is not on this page, please contact us at [email protected]

Scroll to top